Sunday, June 12, 2011

Short Catching Up

I finally found someone in my town with internet. I have to keep this short because I've already been on for quite some time. I need to start writing these posts ahead of time so that it takes less time to post them. Espeically because all of the symbols are in the wrong spot and take quite some time to figure out.

Teaching has been going splendidly. All of my students are very excited to learn and I am very excited to teach them! They're all so cute and eager and are always asking me for extra English classes (the differences between American children and others....). It's precious. Hopefully I will eventually be able to get some pictures up on my facebook!

Living in such a tiny town is not nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. Besides the fact that no one speaks English, it feels oddly normal to be here. My host parents keep telling everyone that my Spanish is good and that I understand everything. They probably got that idea because I nod so much when they are talking to me. Following does not necessarily mean understanding... My Spanish has gotten a lot better, though.

Another volunteer who lives one town over came to visit me yesterday. She brought tons of movies with her. It was nice to see something on a television that was in English. I'd almost forgotten what it felt like to completely understand something. I´m hoping that by the end of the summer I will be able to feel that way about the telenovelas that we watch at night. I have a feeling that Cafe Con Aroma de Mujer is much crazier/more intense than I can grasp right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment